Shi Zhou is the co-founder of Studio UNIT and has been practicing architecture for 7 years in the United States, Hong Kong and China. Her experience comprises a wide range of building typologies, including hotel/hospitality, residential, office, retail, etc., involving architectural design at various scales from interior to urban planning and infrastructure, low-rise to superhighrise.
Shi has worked as an Associate Principal at one of the largest and most well-respected Architectural firms in the world, Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates PC (KPF). She had 2.5 years of experience working as an Architectural Designer at the KPF Headquarter in NY, and 4.5 years of experience at KPF HK office where she led a team and focused on project management, coordination, construction administration and business development. In collaboration ith KPF, Shi had been involved in the following projects:
• One Shenzhen Bay (Raffles Hotel), Shenzhen, China;
• TP-Link R&D Headquater, Shenzhen, China;
• Beijing Huadu Center (Bvlgari Hotel), Beijing, China;
• Hony Center, Qianhai, Shenzhen, China
• Shum Yip Terra Chegongmiao Urban Renewal Project, Shenzhen, China
• International Commerce Center(Hyatt Regency), Nanjing, China
• BP-4, Canary Wharf, London, UK
• Hudson Yards, New York, USA
Shi has also recently completed the storefront renovation and interior design of the fashion icon Atelier New York’s flagship boutique in Soho, New York.
Currently Shi is a registered Architect in the State of NY, US, an active member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and a LEED Accredited Professional in Building Design and Construction.
Photograph by Vivien Liu